The Humble Co. Celebrates Earth Day
Earth Day is an annual worldwide event celebrated on April 22, and this year’s campaign was to put an end to plastic pollution. Here at The Humble Co., everyday is Earth Day, as we strive to reduce plastic waste in oceans and landfills. Here are some ways in which we achieve this:
- We use sustainable bamboo as the primary material in our Humble Brush. Our bamboo is from a Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) supplier in Ningbo, China. The FSC is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization, established to promote responsible management of the world’s forests. Thanks to this certification, we can be sure that the bamboo in Humble Brush is grown in a responsible way.
- As mentioned, our bamboo is sourced in China. This means that we do not have to ship the bamboo a long distance from the source to manufacturing facility, which greatly reduces the carbon print of our production.
- Our products are packaged in eco-friendly materials. The packaging is made from recycled paper materials, provided from another FSC-certified supplier. It is completely plastic-free and can be recycled.
- Another distinctive process is the laser engraving. It is also an eco-friendly process, as it avoids the use of traditional colors and print. They typically contain toxins that are spread in the environment as the toothbrushes are disposed of, something the laser engraving allows us to avoid.
- Our toothbrushes and toothpastes are vegan, organic, and PETA certified, which means they do not contain any animal products and have not been tested on animals. The toothbrush handles are biodegradable, and the toothpastes do not contain harmful toxins. Our line of chewing gums is biodegradable too.
- Last but not least, our products are developed with the environment in mind and we continue to look for ways to improve and develop our products, so that we can help put an end to plastic waste.
Founded by a small group of dentists from different parts of the world, The Humble Co. and Humble Smile Foundation were created from a shared commitment to oral health and an understanding that it’s not necessary to harm our environment just to brush our teeth properly. In four years, The Humble Co. has conquered Europe and Asia by creating the world’s best selling bamboo toothbrush, Humble Brush. The bamboo toothbrush has replaced over 6 million plastic brushes and funded 30 Humble Smile Foundation projects from Cambodia to Nicaragua in the process. The Humble Co.’s products are developed to reduce our environmental impact and can be found in over 20,000 retail locations across the globe.